The following Conference Diversity statement is licensed by O’Reilly Media, Inc. under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License Conference Diversity Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful conference environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. We’re actively seeking to increase the diversity of our attendees, speakers, and sponsors through our calls for proposals, other open submission processes, and through dialogue with the larger communities we serve. This is an ongoing process. We are talking to our program chairs, program committees, and various innovators, experts, and organizations about this goal and about ways they can help us achieve it. Here are some ways you can help us build a more diverse conference experience:
- Recommend appropriate speakers and/or program committee members to the conference chairs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward our call for proposals to relevant affinity groups with the message that we are looking for a diverse speaker roster
- Suggest to potential speakers that they submit a proposal during our Call for Participation conference phase (see The CFP for details)
- Organize community-based public speaking trainings and practice events (Ignite is one popular format)
- Suggest ways that the onsite conference experience can be more welcoming and supportive, free from intimidation and marginalization (send an email to email@example.com)
- Share your ideas and best practices for how we can realize our vision (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
— 360|Conferences —
We value diversity in the communities we bring together, and we welcome your contributions to bringing balanced representation of the richness of our collective human experience. Diversity for tech events is an incredibly important issue. For conference organizers, balancing the need for high quality content with the need for diversity can be challenging but worth it. We understand that saying we want diversity isn’t enough, which is why we actively network to encourage a variety of people not traditionally represented to submit talks.
For 360|Conferences, we feel strongly that this active approach to diversity is best. We’re constantly looking to build professional relationships with the kind of tech talent that is not traditionally represented.
We strongly encourage anyone to submit speaking topics. And if you have any concerns or suggestion on how we can do better, do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We understand how incredibly important this issue is.