What do past speakers have to say?
The 360|iDev 2020 Call For Papers will close May 8, 2020! Mark your calendars, ask Siri to remind you! Come May 1, we close this down, don’t miss it!
You can see the talks from last year to get some inspiration as well.
Please submit as many proposals as you like, keep in mind, we might tap you to do more than one session.
Talk Length Options:
- 45 minute – Our standard length session.
- 20 minute* – More lightning style. Share something that doesn’t require a full 45-minute talk. Not eligible for travel support.
- Half-Day Training – 4 hours, hands-on session on Sunday (We cover one extra hotel night for these)
- Full-Day Training – 8 hours, hands-on session on Sunday (We cover one extra hotel night for these)
*This is a new idea for us. The idea is that maybe you have something to share that isn’t quite ready for 45 minutes. Maybe it’s a lighter topic, etc.
The Community Review Panel will use the following selection criteria when voting on submissions:
- Technical – Does the content have technical substance?
- Relevant – Would the topic be interesting to a group of iOS/Mac developers?
- Community Improvement – Would the talk help us be better developers? Better humans? There’s more to being a developer than code.
For intermediate and advanced level talks, they will also look into:
- Fresh – Is the information covered new or a new approach to a common problem?
- Immersive – Does the proposal cover many aspects of the topic in-depth?
Remember, Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to be an expert to teach. Not only is teaching a great way to learn but often, we know more than we give ourselves credit for.
We cover 3 nights of lodging for each speaker, the conference pass, and flights up to $500 for domestic and $1500 for international. We do this because we want everyone to be able to come and speak, regardless of their financial situation. However our budget is not limitless, and it would help us tremendously if you or your company can cover your travel costs. Please let us know in your submission if you or your company can cover your travel cost.
Note: If your talk has more than one speaker only one will be covered.
The Call For Papers for 2020 is Closed.