Volunteers needed for 360|iDev 2014
Why do we want volunteers?
There’s a lot of reasons people can’t afford to come to 360|iDev, and if not having to pay for a conference ticket reduces a barrier, then everyone wins. We could hire temps, or have “staff” but that’s lame. We’d rather provide a way for members of the community to come to 360|iDev. Past Volunteers are now speakers. It’s a great experience.
We feel that having volunteers from the community, is better than giving away free tickets for nothing. Why not help support the community by working the registration desk or helping record sessions?
What do I need to do if I’m a volunteer?
- We need you to be available Saturday thru Wednesday.
- We need everyone the Saturday prior to the conference for badge assembly, and swag assembly, to get familiar with the location, and we are setting up the schedule that day – pick your sessions you want to see!
- We need people Sunday to run the Registration desk. This is your training for Monday when the masses invade! There are 3 shifts, 7am-noon, noon-5, and 5-8.
- Monday thru Wednesday we need people to run the Registration desk as well as help speakers, count attendees, and do timer countdown at the end of each session. You will be assigned to either the desk or a session, or have free time.
- Sunday and Monday you will need to arrive at 7:30.
- Tuesday you will need to arrive at 8.
- Wednesday you will need to arrive at 9.
- Everyone needs to regroup at the end of each day to put all the reg desk stuff away, and Wednesday to do final wrap up and boxing of all left over supplies.
What do you get to do?
- You get free admission to the conference and all the swag!
- When you are not assigned to a specific session or the reg desk – you are free to do as you wish.
- You get lunch!
- You get to mingle at all the parties (unless you are working the desk on sunday)
- You get to meet a ton of people during registration!
- You get a cool badge
- You get to say you know the guys that run 360 Conference
We really want you to get something out of the conference! We want you to have fun and learn a ton!
If you think you can hack it – apply by emailing us with all the information below. (nicole AT 360conferences DOT com)
Where are you in iOS development? (apps in the store? Just learning? etc)
Reason for wanting to be a volunteer:
Posted June 25, 2014 in: Event by Johnw